I have some tank upgrading questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
well the basic concept is that you have a sump tank under the main tank, on one side the excess water(an overflow) from the main tank drains down into the sump tank, and then on the other side, a pump pushes the water back up and into the tank.

I'm sure a google search would yield many results. Most overflows are drilled in, but there is a way to DIY an overflow as well.

I will have to wait till I get the tank to see if the 40 gallon would fit in the stand. If not I will just use my fluval 305 and my uncles mini sump

Could I keep discus in this tank? I probably wont but I am just wondering :)

I love discus but I cant justify spending 100$ on a fish. That is why I have anglefish :)

jetajockey said:
they are cheaper if you get them smaller, but they can be hit and miss as juveniles. But still, it's cheaper as you'd pay 15-20 per.

What do you mean by hit and miss?

Back to some sump questions. Do you fill the sump with Bio material? Or do you section it off and make kind of a canister filter out of it? How do you stop the overflow from overflowing the sump?

Back
Top Bottom