i have the meanest amano ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today is bloodworm day for my shrimp colonies and my kuhlis (the betta doesn't eat them, so I toss a few brine in for him) and as soon as the bloodworms hit, my cherries (all of them) and my 4 amanos of course are gunna swarm, but I have one amano (been there longer than anything else in my tank) that flies around, litrally taking all the worms up and hiding them.. lol how ,any can they even eat by themselves?

Maybe throw a shrimp pellet in there to distract him. I've got 3, they don't care about bloodworms, but they come flying out like maniacs when I drop a few shrimp pellets in for the Corys (shrimp eating shrimp...cannibalism I know, lol).

The only thing, is I don't wana feed too much, and my kuhlis would probobly rather snatch shrimp pellets, and I don't want everyone full on that vs. The once a hay hikari...I guess that one amano can only grab so many haha.
Ill try the pellet next time. But usually the swarming happens when something hikari hits lol

Back
Top Bottom