I hit the jackpot!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lurker79

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been looking for another 55g or larger for a short time and I am glad I looked when I did. I found the deal of a lifetime on craigslist and couldn't be more excited. So here is the list that a friend and I paid a whopping $250 for;

90g tank with stand hood and really nice light kit :dance:
65g tank with stand hood and nice light
fluval fx5 (I know I cannot believe it either)
Rena filter (not sure which one)
extra light kit
more live plants that I could fit in the 90g
more driftwood than I could fit in the 90g
4 rainbow fish (one of them full 5in.)
several small fish ( tetras, cories)
water test kits
many other accessories

I am very excited about this if you cannot tell so here are the pictures.
88527-albums13772-picture65318.jpg
88527-albums13772-picture65320.jpg
88527-albums13772-picture65319.jpg

Can someone tell me what kind of tetra this is in the picture above? Also, I am pretty sure that with the bristles that long that bn is a male, is that correct?
88527-albums13772-picture65321.jpg
88527-albums13772-picture65322.jpg

Lurker, my filter is a Rena Filstar XP2. I'm SO excited!!! The Boesemani Rainbow is being very mean to the females though. He's BEAUTIFUL, but mean. :-/ Maybe once I get them out of QT and into the big tank, he will be better. He might think he's in a breeding tank. LOL

Great find! I love those rainbows, I have had them before. You need more of them though to get them to calm down. They really need to be in a group of 7 at them minimum, 10-15 ideally.

Oh dear! They need a bigger tank then. I had never even seen one before. A, you want these back for your 90? LOL

I only have a 25 gallon. haha. Yours will dwarf mine. If you have a 90 gallon, that is plenty big. They need a minimum of 30 gallons, which yours obviously fits. I would get 4 more and see how they do. You can sometimes luck out and get really pretty ones at PetSmart and Petco, but more specialized store have some beautiful ones.

I will have to keep an eye out. I'm the friend that got the 65 gallon. OP is my friend that found the whole deal and got the 90 gallon. She was SO sweet to share the deal and not keep it all for herself. HA HA HA. <3

I will have to keep an eye out. I'm the friend that got the 65 gallon. OP is my friend that found the whole deal and got the 90 gallon. She was SO sweet to share the deal and not keep it all for herself. HA HA HA. <3

Still, 65 gallons will do just fine!

The fish in your third photo is Hyphessobrycon flammeus (flame tetra, von rio tetra). Looks like you have the orange variety (created for the hobby through selective breeding).

Great deal! I see you guys are somewhat local, you should check out our FW aquarium club if you haven't already. :)

The bn Pleco could be a female the bristles aren't as pronounced as the normal male this is what the bristles on my male looks like ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392069127.782575.jpg

Thanks for the id on the flame tetra, there was only one so I wanted to get a few more to go with it.

I wasn't sure at all on that bn pleco and I have another one that looks just like it. Neither of them have the bristles up the center of the face but they are both still small. They are probably 2in. How big are they normally when you can tell for sure?

Back
Top Bottom