i just found out that petland has SAE's for 2.99. is there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
anything about them i should know about. what to look out for?

because im going tomorrow to get like 2-3 so just so yeah

They can get large and agressive and need a big tank. Most of what you will find at Petland is NOT a true SAE, but a very similar fish (Flying Fox) that will lead to problems later on.

yeah the trues have one set or barbels and not a suckermouth. they have clear fins and no stripe between the middle and top colors/stripes. and the stripe leads all the way to the tail. i think im ready

grimlock3000 said:
I would bet $1 says they do not know the difference, and will tell you the fish are true SAEs :p Educate yourself here:

http://www.azgardens.com/algae_eating_fish.php

If there is any doubt, do not buy the fish.

Depends. Petlands are independently owned. The one in Naperville, Illinois is great and they and they ordered me true SAEs. The one 15 miles away in Batavia(?) is horrible and couldn't find which side of the tank the gravel goes on. Only thing is, they are not cheap.

The one in Naperville, btw, has a great salt collection, Batavia (?) doesn't do salt.

oh is it because their aggressive when they get bigger? or are there other reasons?

How large are your tanks for these fish anyway? True SAEs and Flying Foxes can get up around 6 inches and need a medium sized tank.

the tank im thinking about putting like 3 of em in is a 29. i might just go with 1-2 but they like groups i think

Back
Top Bottom