Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I just want my tank to cycle :(

I'm do impatient for my tank to cycle. All I want to do is get some fish in there!!! I can't wait anymore sorry, just a little vent, my girlfriend and friends are so sick of hearing me talk about my tank lol

Old 01-31-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sadly fishkeeping takes a lot more patience than most of us would like It sucks waiting, but its better to wait than it is to add fish early, get attached to them, and then have them die on you. Hang in there, you'll have fishies soon enough!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorilles14 View Post
I'm do impatient for my tank to cycle. All I want to do is get some fish in there!!! I can't wait anymore sorry, just a little vent, my girlfriend and friends are so sick of hearing me talk about my tank lol
hey there! Yah it sounds like you have come down with the bug that's been going around, I caught it months back and it's just gotten worse, best advice I can give you , be patient, impulsivity in this hobby almost always ends poorly, from experience, I know! Secondly... Don't bother discussing this stuff with healthy people (Un-infected with fish bug) they don't/won't get it. Come on to AA, start a thread, talk it out, we love to shoot the breeze bout all things fish! Welcome !!!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fish in cyling in an option. If you plan on stocking any hardy fish. You just have to be will to do daily 25% water changes.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have you read this article? It's very helpful.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/tips-a...ishless-cycle/
I'm in the process of cycling mine as well so I feel your pain. And I have no access to any other cycled tanks :/ if you do I think that's the best way to jump start it.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgiantsRP View Post
Fish in cyling in an option. If you plan on stocking any hardy fish. You just have to be will to do daily 25% water changes.

Doesn't get any simpler than this people!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Why didn't you do the fish in cycle? I couldn't wait I did fish in.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:25 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fish-in is not always an option for some people. Daily water changes can be expensive/time consuming, or they may have a stock plan that involves territorial fish that need to be added all at the same time.

That said, fish-in cycles seems to be less difficult if you have live plants to help keep suck up the ammonia and nitrites so it's easier on the fish. To each their own as long as the fish don't have to live in bad parameters!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:51 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

If you have the money and a reputable fish store around which carries it, you could try Bio Spira. Its the live bacteria that cycles the tank being introduced instantly and within a few hours you have a cycled tank. Google it

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tetra makes a product called safe start plus. I think that's the name. I used it in one of my tanks and it cycled my tank in 2 days. Its about 20 bucks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
cycle, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com