I just want my tank to cycle :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connorilles14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm do impatient for my tank to cycle. All I want to do is get some fish in there!!! I can't wait anymore:( sorry, just a little vent, my girlfriend and friends are so sick of hearing me talk about my tank lol

Sadly fishkeeping takes a lot more patience than most of us would like ;) It sucks waiting, but its better to wait than it is to add fish early, get attached to them, and then have them die on you. Hang in there, you'll have fishies soon enough!

I'm do impatient for my tank to cycle. All I want to do is get some fish in there!!! I can't wait anymore:( sorry, just a little vent, my girlfriend and friends are so sick of hearing me talk about my tank lol
hey there! Yah it sounds like you have come down with the bug that's been going around, I caught it months back and it's just gotten worse, best advice I can give you , be patient, impulsivity in this hobby almost always ends poorly, from experience, I know! Secondly... Don't bother discussing this stuff with healthy people (Un-infected with fish bug) they don't/won't get it. Come on to AA, start a thread, talk it out, we love to shoot the breeze bout all things fish! Welcome !!!

Fish in cyling in an option. If you plan on stocking any hardy fish. You just have to be will to do daily 25% water changes.

Why didn't you do the fish in cycle? I couldn't wait I did fish in.

Fish-in is not always an option for some people. Daily water changes can be expensive/time consuming, or they may have a stock plan that involves territorial fish that need to be added all at the same time.

That said, fish-in cycles seems to be less difficult if you have live plants to help keep suck up the ammonia and nitrites so it's easier on the fish. To each their own as long as the fish don't have to live in bad parameters!

If you have the money and a reputable fish store around which carries it, you could try Bio Spira. Its the live bacteria that cycles the tank being introduced instantly and within a few hours you have a cycled tank. Google it

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tetra makes a product called safe start plus. I think that's the name. I used it in one of my tanks and it cycled my tank in 2 days. Its about 20 bucks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tetra makes a product called safe start plus. I think that's the name. I used it in one of my tanks and it cycled my tank in 2 days. Its about 20 bucks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used tetra safestart about 14 days in to a fishless cycle and within 48 hours my numbers were 0-0-10.

Over the next 10 days with fish in the tank my ammonia never got above .25ppm. I never showed any nitrites.

I did have a mini cycle once i stocked to 100% but a water change and a second filter fixed that in under 24 hours

Though some products that claim to instantly cycle a tank have worked for some people, I wouldnt even bother. Not worth trusting. Large water changes are key.

Back
Top Bottom