I made some caves for my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
They turned out pretty well I think. Only a little of the silicone shows from under the rocks, but I think if I sprinkle some sand in those areas it wont show as bad. I used black river rock and black pvc pipe. I let the silicone cure for 48hrs before I put them in. Now when I feed the corys, I can put their food in a cave and the angel fish cant get at it. So here are the pictures. Let me know what you think! :D

well I tried to post some pictures of them in the tank but its not working. I will try again later.

i don't see any pictures of them in the tank, but they sure do look great! Nice job.

They look fantastic and I'm sure the corys will love them.
Using black PVC was a great idea - the spaces between the stones aren't noticeable at all.

I don't know why I cant put up any of the 'in the tank" pics, but I am posting them in my gallery if anyone wants to see. Thanks for the great feedback!

YEA!! The pictures of the caves in my tank are up in my gallery if anyone wants to take a look. They look better in the water. :multi:

Great caves! If you decide to make more for variety, Meredith, excess substrate only takes a couple more coats. If you do the inside of your current caves, they'll look even better. (Your black substrate on black PVC caves would look much better than these, I think):
7634ottos_moss_ball_kuhli_cave-med.jpg

7634amano_2-med.jpg

Back
Top Bottom