I need a new hood.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustinEverett

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm trying to find a new glass hood for my fish tank, but it is kind of a strange size. It is a 36 gallon bowfront (shown here). I'm wanting to replace it with a glass hood so I can add an additional light strip for my planted tank. My grass is having a hard time growing with just the one I have. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could buy one of these? I've had a really hard time trying to find somewhere.

Thanks!

Don't know where you can find one but...
Make a cardboard stencil that fits the tank. Take it to your local glass shop and have it made. Shouldn't cost but about $20. Cheaper way, go to Home Depot or somewhere to get some glass and cut it yourself.

For the hinge you can make a silicon hinge easy enough, the ones that come with the commercial kits don't last that long anyway.

blert, not a bad idea! Unfortunately, I'm not very handy but if I needed too I probably could do that. I think before I do I'll wait and see if anyone has any suggestions on where to purchase one ^_^

Back
Top Bottom