I need advice for water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bic31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been using a filter attached to the house water supply to do my water changes. The water is at the levels I need, but it is expensive, and I feel I need to find another source. I don't have the money for ionizer's, etc. I have a simple 75gal hobby tank with some plantings. I have an angel, cherry barbs, rainbow fish and some Rasbora's. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Well the only thing I can say is just replace water with a siphon, then dump pre treated water into the tank. I use Prime and Stability by Seachem. Or works pretty good.

Thanks. That is the direction I am leaning. I needed to know what was good to treat tap water.

I use the filtered water so I could avoid conditioning the tap water. However that is the way I am leaning now.

It really helps lower nitrates and all that, and if your setting up a new tank when you do a change, you have some pre cycled water for it :)

Have you tested the tap water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? Also kh if you have the test, that will give a good idea.

Nitrate and ammonia was zero. High pH and kH was 50-100 ppm. My big concern is the chlorine and chloramine. How do I know if I removed it all?

Back
Top Bottom