I need advice from you pros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what kind of water do you have? well water? city water? If its well water maybe something changed undergound, or if its city water, maybe you can query your water co to see if they've changed something.

since my only problem is hazy,cloudy,water 3 days after I change it, should I go to Wally-World and buy distilled water instead of using this over hardened tap water?
Patience, Biker Dude! Distilled water gets a little expensive, and might not be the immediate fix you are looking for. Now that you are improving your aquatic husbandry, things will clear up with time and filtration. In some of my earlier tanks I would try to immediately react to every change to water quality (real and percieved) by running out at doing something. I ended up with a shelf full of water teatment products that did little or made things worse. I have kept the products in a box - it is humerous to rummage through them sometimes and laugh at all the silly stuff I poured in my tank.

No problem Wolf, ya didnt upset me.I need all the ideas and suggetios I can get. Yeah,Tom, patience has been what I've been practicing. We just boiled the rocks and bricks then scrubbed them,then boiled and drained the gravel and refilled the tank,We didn't add any water treatments either and we're just gonna sit back,watch 'n wait.

GOOD NEWS!!! Boiling the gravel,bricks,and stones in Scooter's aquarium,did the trick. We are in hour 36 and zero cloudy or hazy symptoms have even tried to appear.We're all able to sit back n relax as life goes back to normal around here,but will be watching for any anomalies.As a matter of fact,he swam up to the 2nd hob pump that was added and noisily gnawed on it and I unplugged it and he went inside the bricks and took himself a nap. Thanx to all who've interjected,suggested,or cared to put an eyeball on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom