I need HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aniistarr

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 bloodfin tetra and 2 swordtail one female and one male. I have them for like a year and recently the bloodfins tetra started picking on the male swordtail and bitting him and got some fin damage and even lost his sword so i separate him and put him into a small tank to put melafix so he can heal and now the bloodfin tetra are picking on the female too... Why is that? Anybody know? And i don't know what to do?? should i give the 3 bloodfin away or separate them for a period of time and then put them back together??? Can these two fish go together??

My first thoughts are your tank is too small (How big is it) or some of your fish are getting sicked and subsequently killed by the non-sick fish.

I don't believe you should have any issue with swordtail and bloodfins personally.

Cynic said:
My first thoughts are your tank is too small (How big is it) or some of your fish are getting sicked and subsequently killed by the non-sick fish.

I don't believe you should have any issue with swordtail and bloodfins personally.

You are right i guess it is the space my fish tank is 2.5g

Aniistarr said:
Yes, So that is the reason? I am going to upgrade to 5g soon, but will that help the problem?

Swordtails need 30 gals and bleeding hearts 30 also
Upgrading to a five most likely won't help

sigh... i guess i will have to give them away :( i have them for a year and i guess is the best for them, and i will see if i can get a Betta fish instead for my 2.5g :(

i wish i could have a bigger tank, and getting a 5g wouldn't even help, i don't have enough space for more than 5g. :( i hope whoever will buy them will take good care of them.

Aniistarr said:
sigh... i guess i will have to give them away :( i have them for a year and i guess is the best for them, and i will see if i can get a Betta fish instead for my 2.5g :(

i wish i could have a bigger tank, and getting a 5g wouldn't even help, i don't have enough space for more than 5g. :( i hope whoever will buy them will take good care of them.

Go with a filtered and heated five gal for a betta
You could have two male Least killifish for a 2.5

Yeah, sorry. But you could get a beta in your 5 gallon. Or, you could have 1 swordtail. People say you need more, but I kept a perfectly happy and healthy swordatil in my 5 gallon. Its demise was when little hands got a hold of the food and dumped it all in:(.

bud29 said:
Yeah, sorry. But you could get a beta in your 5 gallon. Or, you could have 1 swordtail. People say you need more, but I kept a perfectly happy and healthy swordatil in my 5 gallon. Its demise was when little hands got a hold of the food and dumped it all in:(.

Swordtails get six inches long and need a 40 gal tank
No guppies in a 2.5

Bud you must have got very lucky then because I agree they need a 30 gallon minimum tank

Sorry Ansii, but 5g isn't enough for those fish either. If you can get a 5g tank, there are more options though like pymgy sunfish, least killifish, ember tetras, or scarlet badis. You could make a pretty cool little 5g tank. :)

Thanks everybody for the reply, i already give away my bloodfin so now i have my two swordtail in the fish tank for now, i will see how they do, keep an eye on them and see if later on will upgrade to a 5G :fish2: or maybe get least killifish :)

Back
Top Bottom