I need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. I have Aquarium Advice forum.

You should provide info on the tank size so people can recommend fish that will do well in the type of tank that you have.

No. I have Aquarium Advice forum.

You should provide info on the tank size so people can recommend fish that will do well in the type of tank that you have.

It's a 1.322 gallon

Too small for fish. Have you seen aquatic snails? They are beautiful and very fun to watch. IMG_1245.jpg
IMG_9057.jpgIMG_8520.jpg

I raise ramshorn, red ones. But they come in many colors. Very active and graceful.

As T said, snails are awesome! If you don't like snails, get a couple of shrimp. Ghost Shrimp are very cheap and easy to care for. Before getting anything else, cycle the tank. It will be hard maintaining parameters in that small of a tank. You should also get a filter and an air pump. I have a cheap little whisper that is a pump and filter, that works well. If you don't like snails or shrimp, just do a planted tank.

I second the snails and/or shrimp! Ramshorns are really intriguing and beautiful and you could definitely keep some in your tank. Another option would be some neocaridina shrimp, like red cherry shrimp.
You could do a really cool tank with just invertebrates. :)

The spouse has no interest in our fish but loves the snails. We have a 3 gallon tank just for ramshorns. They are mesmerizing.

Weird but true! :lol: Nice to have the light on a timer and set after you fall asleep - have the tank hear the bed where you can see them. Feed them a little before bed time and then they get to the food around the time you want to lay down and then watch them eat. The way they move and eat kinda reminds me of a the blobs of a lava lamp.

For the goldfish, they are WAY WAY WAY too big to be in that small a tank.
The only reason why they haven't grown bigger Is because they can't. Their growth is being stunted. That means that their outer covering will stop growing, but their organs Will keep growing. Eventually there will just be no more space to grow the organs and the fish will die. 2 goldfish need a minimum of 40 gallons, which is 160liters. Just remember a gallon is slightly less than 4 liters. Best thing to do: give the fish away to someone who you know will take better care of them OR return them to the shop. If the shop guy was the one who told you that 2 goldfish would do well in a tank less Than 2 gallons, he is a little @#$$# and do not buy from him anymore.

For the goldfish, they are WAY WAY WAY too big to be in that small a tank.
The only reason why they haven't grown bigger Is because they can't. Their growth is being stunted. That means that their outer covering will stop growing, but their organs Will keep growing. Eventually there will just be no more space to grow the organs and the fish will die. 2 goldfish need a minimum of 40 gallons, which is 160liters. Just remember a gallon is slightly less than 4 liters. Best thing to do: give the fish away to someone who you know will take better care of them OR return them to the shop. If the shop guy was the one who told you that 2 goldfish would do well in a tank less Than 2 gallons, he is a little @#$$# and do not buy from him anymore.

I dunno anyone who know that

Now it looks like YOU have access to the internet and all of its wonderful information. Do lots of reading learn for yourself. They are your pets. Their lives are your responsibility. If they die a slow unnatural death it will be your fault.

Back
Top Bottom