I need help Identifying this fish please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luna112

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think he is a bumblebee catfish. I want to know if this is the Asian kind that will grow huge or the dwarf kind. And his scientific name please. Thanks!

It is difficult to see from the pictrure but the way to tell is the mouth size the mouth on th Asian version is huge compared to it's body. Lovely looking fish

So have to take a picture if the mouth? Oh boy. That's going to be close to impossible. That was the only time I have ever seen him in my tank. All he does is hide. Do you have a picture of what the mouth is suppose to look like?

Don't have a pic I'm afraid try and google pictures of Asian eclipse catfish a see if it looks like yours. Where did u get the fish

I got 2 of them at the fish store I work at. I ask my manager and he said he bought them under the name of bumblebee catfish. But that he wasn't sure if it was the Asian kind. The picture I attached is suppose the be the Asian bumblebee. But he looks identical to mine. Only bigger, fatter, and more yellow. Mine are more copper between the black bars.

Attachments

• image-2462814334.jpg
    image-2462814334.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 59
Just found this info online bout your fish. (There are 2 types of bumblebee catfish, the South American and the Asian. The South American can be identified by the spot at the base of the caudal fin. This spot is almost like a square in the South American and a triangle with the tip towards the head for the Asian). Hope it can help ya. Go on fishlore.com that's where I found it there was more written

Back
Top Bottom