i need help starting a 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hungryham

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i wanna know what fish i can put with a betta in a 10 gallon tank and suggestions for plants i can easily get.

5-6 Cory's would be ok with it. I'm not a fan of putting mid and top tank fish in with betta.

There's really no need for a pleco. Two reasons IMO.....your tank is to small for betta, cories and a pleco. #2...your cories will be your cleaners.

Sorry about the last post......some might think your standard cories are to big in a group of 5-6 for a 10g. I tend to disagree as long as you got good filtration and weekly 30-40% water changes. Some might feel you should keep pygmy type cories for a 10g. Which I don't oppose either.

A 10g I'd just put a divider in it and get another Betta. and diffently a no go on the pleco. Your Betta will probably nip at it. Otto's cats are OK with Betta's and love planted tanks. They are really neat to watch too. I don't really recommend Betta's in a 10g with other fish. Betta's are gorgeous all on their own. And less stress for them. Adding other fish could cause stress then sickness. But, that's just my thought and research. Some Betta's do just fine with others. (IMO) I'd just go with another Betta.

I love Ottos they are so active and yes fun to watch. in a heavily planted tank they can get lost for months! I didn't see the one in my girls's tank for so long I though Totto had died and then one day there he was on the side of the tank! It was a 40 gallon tank with lots of hiding places!

Lol! I have 2 in my 75g. 1 of them pops out everytime I think I lost him. I don't even bother looking for him anymore. When I had some in with one of my Betta's awhile back they did really good. But a few of them had ich. Then the whole tank got it, including my Betta. So after clearing the ich up I just decided to let my Betta have the tank to himself. Now it has a divider with another Betta on the other side. If I was to make my 10g Betta tank a community tank again I'd go with Otto's cats, and endler guppies again. And, would diffently have it planted.

Back
Top Bottom