I need ramshorn snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rnbwfimmy

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm planning on getting a pufferfish, but I want to start breeding ramshorn or common pond snails for his nommins before I bring him home. All the lfs' I call don't have them for sale or even an infestation. No one sells them because they're pests. Where can I purchase some? Or does someone have some they need to be rid of? I can trade for some plants or some bumblebee/painted platy fry.

So I'm planning on getting a pufferfish, but I want to start breeding ramshorn or common pond snails for his nommins before I bring him home. All the lfs' I call don't have them for sale or even an infestation. No one sells them because they're pests. Where can I purchase some? Or does someone have some they need to be rid of? I can trade for some plants or some bumblebee/painted platy fry.

Try this guy. I received an order from him and it was wonderfully packed, as I ordered and a little more.

fishfarmerjohn | eBay

Good luck!

Buy some plants. Usually you get snails on them. Someone was selling snails on the Classifieds section on this forum.

Thanks so much for the suggestions and offers! Whats funny is I have a very densely planted 55 and never got a single snail. I actually found a fish place near me that had an infestation and was more than happy to give me as many as I wanted!
So I finally have my little puffy friend and he's settling in well. He is still pacing the glass a bit, which I know can be stress or boredom, and that puffles really like an interesting environment. The tank I have him in is an iwagumi mountainscape, it has a lot of rocks and swimming room, but no plants except baby dwarf tears. Does anyone think this is potentially not a diverse enough environment to keep him entertained?

Back
Top Bottom