I need to start working on a fish list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

OK I filled the tank and de chlored it as well.

Nothin but clear water in there right now!

Tomorrow I will be getting a fish to stick in there (or two, whatever you suggest) to start the cycle.

Now, my question is... What fish and how many?

I would like to have Angels, I think they will do well in my tank (taller tank).
From what I have read Everything is compatible with everything else, I just gotta stay away from things like Fancy Goldfish and Ciclids.

Don't cycle with angels they are not very hardy, I think the best way to cycle is to do Fishless, since there is no chance of death and it's faster. Even though I did not listen to The advice from people here. I used zebra danios and I had to do lots of water changes to keep the fish alive. It's alot more work to do a cycle with fish in the tank. So I would go for Fishless but if you insist on cycling with fish, use Zebra danios they are very hardy fish.

No No No I wont be using Angels.

I guess what I am trying to say is.... What is a hardy fish that I can keep in my tank even after the cycle is done (Non Aggressive?)??

Which means I need to work out some sort of fish list, which includes Angels.

In my tank I have 10 glowlight tetras (not very hardy)
10 Zebra Danios (one of the hardiest fish around)
4 Angels
and just got a bristlenose pleco. (guess you could have looked in my sig) but they all get along. I would still go for fishless but if not use the zebra danios, they hardy and look very nice aswell.

zacdl said:
I would like to have Angels, I think they will do well in my tank (taller tank).
From what I have read Everything is compatible with everything else, I just gotta stay away from things like Fancy Goldfish and Ciclids.

huh? Everything is NOT compatible with everything else, lol. And angels are cichlids. But yes stay away from goldfish. And as far as staying away from cichlids I think Rams and apistos would be great tankmates for angels.

Well... Looking at compatibility charts that is the general way things are...

Back
Top Bottom