I need ya'll on speed dial- fish delima, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I went to get fast food today and where I went, I realized i was REALLY close to this mom and pop fish store that I havn't been in in a while. So, after I got my food and headed over there.

And what do I find you ask?

Two south american puffers for $7 each !!!

Here is where the delima comes-
In my 29gal (the tank I set aside specifically for puffers) I am fish sitting 2 small goldfish until my friend sets up a fish tank. My tank is totally cycled and I originally wanted SA puffers because they were FW but figured they would be impossible to find, so settled on the idea that when I moved (in a month) I would give her back her fish and get some BW puffers.

Now that I have found EXACTLY what ive wanted for a decent price.. and i have a cycled tank... what do I do???

I have a 10gal in the garage and I could put the goldfish in there... and hook up my extra filter (which is designed for a 70 gal) and put it on min. flow... and it has beneficial bacteria on it still since I used it not to long ago and its still wet and tell my friend "Hey, come do something with your fish" and buy the puffers tomorrow.

What do you think?? What would you do??? Like i said, I wish I had you guys on speed dial!!

liquidphyre, yes go with your plan. get the puffers stick them in your 29. go for it

OR

another option is *maybe* I could put the goldfish in my 75gal tropical tank.. but im not sure how well they would work with the inhabitants (two angels, black tailed shark, goldend and odessa barbs, hatchets, serpaes and cories)... and since this would be only a temporary thing would it be better to put the two small goldies in a 10gal or in my 75gal until my friend gets a 20gal???

You look after your fish and get the goldies in a 10 Gal. You need to do what you planned or you won't be happy with the missed opportunity.

sue came and picked up her fish!! So the tank is empty.. the eco-complete is settling and im gunna go get plants and a heater!!

I might get up early and get the fish before I go to class tomorrow

*so excited*

Back
Top Bottom