I think I have a problem....HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faunachic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
both of my 10 gal tanks have "suds" on the top of the water. what is this from? what should I do about it? in a few minutes I will have pics of this stuff on my site.

First determine what it is from... did you use any chemicals to clean anything in your tank? Anything new that you've put in the tank? What's changed since the last time you were suds-less?

Then do partial water changes throughout the day if it is in fact, suds from soap or some undesirable substance.

Foam can be caused by ammonia.
Is your tank cycled? Do you know what cycling a tank is?
Check this article for more info:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=21

In the meantime, I would do a 50% water change, followed by 20% every day. If you want to be sure about when your tank is cycled, you should get a test kit. Ammonia should be zero as well as Nitrites.

Do you have gouramis? or bettas? Then it's probably a bubble nest.

HTH!

Welcome to AA!!! :D

i would do a water change and that oscar in a 10 is a big no no.he will out grow that with in 6months.they need at least 55gal .min

first, definately not bubble nest......covers whole top of tank. oscar in 10 gal is temp. getting large tank soon. never cycled a tank, dont know how. will do water changes to see if that helps. there were new decorations i put in right before this happened, so i will remove them. whats a good test kit to get? how do i know i have the right thing? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom