I think i messed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would recommend only using one chemical in your tank, which is a good water dechlor. Seachem Prime is a great choice for that. Do not add multiple chemicals to the tank.

As for the question on too much, I'm not sure about the products you're using. With seachem prime, you can overdose a tank if theres traces of ammonia/nitrite/nitrate to help detoxify them for a short period of time.

I would make sure to keep up on the water changes, and test your water daily. In that small amount of water, even 6 hours could make the quality of water decline until the tank is cycled.

MY PERSONAL suggestion would be to look on craiglist for a 10g tank. You and your Betta would thank you. There's some sort of idea out there that Betta's are meant for small little cubes, but in reality they really thrive in a regular aquarium. I had a Betta with about 10 other fish in a 20g community when I first started and he absolutely loved it. This option is very cheap and much easier to maintain then a 1.5g or 5g tank. Your margin for error increases the bigger you go.

Good luck and keep us posted so we can help you.

Edit: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html This has already been posted earlier, but I want to post it again just so I make sure you see it. Very important.

Also.. +1 on not needing to buy special betta water. Weekly water changes that are dosed with a good water dechlor is all fish need.

ok so the betta is alone and I did a 75% pwc so hopefully if I keep on them the fin problem will go away soon

Back
Top Bottom