I think Kuhli Loaches are under appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I haven't been overfeeding in terms of flakes for Top to Middle fishes. I watch them eat it all before I leave.

I think I am however dropping too many algae wafers. Which also will be consumed entirely with no leftovers.

I'll need to cut back on the wafers.

You know I really hate, how clown loaches and yoyos and zebras are all more popular than kuhlis when kuhlis are a GREAT species the stay out of the way, can live with almost any species, clean gravel and decor and are amazing to watch! The only bad things are they can dissapear for months in the gravel and eat algae wafers, which isn't a problem for most because plecos eat them too. And if you have 6+ kuhlis you will see them much more and will be more willing to come out and play with their species!

I love plecos and kuhli loaches the best.

Sharkbait54 said:
Regardless how much u eat some will fall to the bottom. That's what scavengers eat.

I highly disagree that no matter what some will fall to the bottom

I agree that some bits will typically fall to the floor, but I don't see that as a bad thing when you have a bunch of bottom feeders. For me, I don't really think that making sure there are flakes for your bottom feeders is overfeeding. Also, IME, too much algae wafer=bloated fish (for fish who are not strictly algae eaters).

Yeah its not overfeeding if the bottom feeders eat it all up.
And yes, there is something to disagree about bc the way i feed i dont leave any leftover flake. I disagree, and you disagree with me, and thats okay, end of story

tarpon said:
Yeah its not overfeeding if the bottom feeders eat it all up.
And yes, there is something to disagree about bc the way i feed i dont leave any leftover flake. I disagree, and you disagree with me, and thats okay, end of story

So if you feed them both 2 times a day it's overfeeding. That's what I was saying.

I guess it was a misunderstanding bc i have no idea what youre talking about now haha so im gonna drop it

I think all Loaches have in general In groups of five or more a very playful and entertaining personality. My favorite will always be the yo-yo but the khulis are cool too just a matter of opinion but my Yo-Yo's are very fun to watch. It probably depends where you live but here I find yo-yo's very hard to come by but khulis very common. I had to wait 6 weeks for my last set of yo-yo's when I had my LFS special order them!! Another cool loach you should check out is the cruciatus loach very small ( I have some in a 5 gal) their perfect for smaller tanks but they're also really fun! I bought them from Severum Mama and so far I love them!! :)

I feed my fish 2 small pinches of flakes at 7:00-12:00 and 9:00-11:00 a day and feed them brine shrimp on Monday's and Thursday's and a few flakes fall to the ground each feeding. I have been watching my pleco and kuhlis very closely and I think they eat enough flakes and algea not to have wafers (but I have some just in case).

Kuhli Loach said:
I feed my fish 2 small pinches of flakes at 7:00-12:00 and 9:00-11:00 a day and feed them brine shrimp on Monday's and Thursday's and a few flakes fall to the ground each feeding. I have been watching my pleco and kuhlis very closely and I think they eat enough flakes and algea not to have wafers (but I have some just in case).

Have you ever tried boiled shelled peas? Both my Yo-Yo's and cruciatus loaches love them and they like to play with them lol!! :)

Havent feed them peas yet, I'll have to try! And yes Kuhlis are beautiful, amazing creatures!!!

Nope just Kuhli Loach, but they have a sub-species called Black Kuhli Loaches. There scientific name is Pangio Kuhlii but I don't think ant FS calls them by there scientific name. Ask your LFS if they can order some in. Even if they can't they are worth traveling a bit. Hope this helps!

Nope just Kuhli Loach, but they have a sub-species called Black Kuhli Loaches. There scientific name is Pangio Kuhlii but I don't think ant FS calls them by there scientific name. Ask your LFS if they can order some in. Even if they can't they are worth traveling a bit. Hope this helps!
From what I know, the black kuhli is not a subspecies, it is a different species. The Kuhli is Pangio kuhli and the black kuhli is Pangio oblonga. Maybe you have read different resources than me though, but I have seen those names in more than one place.

I just bought 5 striped khulis today...and i love them!
One of the coolest fish ever. Im going to buy a few more so theyll mob together

Back
Top Bottom