I threw out the baby w/the bathwater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

...So to speak anyway. :oops:

I was clearing the excess duckweed from my tank a few days ago, using a net. Well, since then, one of my hatchet fish (a pretty little marble hatchet) has gone missing. Hatchet fish spend most of their time at the surface, and I believe I scooped him up in the net and chucked him out in the compost heap. :oops:
No corpse in the tank, or on the floor or anything, so that must have been what happened.

ANOTHER lesson learned the hard way, !@$**#$%#$%*$^*!

From here on out, I will use my hands only to clear out the duckweed. I can't miss a fish wiggling in my hands, and most likely he'd escape my hands anyway. Now I have to go get my survivor a couple buddies. They hung out together, and sometimes schooled with the siver hatchets, but he looks so lonely now.

I really hate it when I mess up like this :evil: :evil:

I also done the same thing corvuscorax,
I had a White cloud go missing and no corpse to show for it. :?: :?:
It took me a while to realize what happend till one day i was netting excess plant crud and noticed a cloud in there. At least it only happend once for me but was close the second time.
:oops:
Chris.

Oh well, we all make mistakes and live and learn by them. No point in crying over spilt milk and at least now it won't happen again, as your experienced.

fish missing

One of my little ancistrus disappeared, too and I was wondering what happened when someone, from the fish club I go to, told me it's very usual for a fish when it dies to be eaten by the others.

Ancistrus can hide under the substrate have you looked under any of you gravel
Happend to me once lol she was okay. Just tryin to hide for the comotion of rearanging.

Back
Top Bottom