I want a big loach... any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MetalHeadX343

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Lima shovelnose catfish, a pleco, and several snails. I got the snails free at a pet store but then I decided to buy a plant. One day later I remembered that snails kill plants. I don't know what kind of snail they are but I do know that they are one of the smallest. I believe It's called a common lake snail or something. My catfish will eat anything it can fit in his mouth (except snails I guess) so I want to know what kind of loach would be big enough to not get swallowed by my catfish. My catfish is about 5-6 inches long. I have done some research and found something called a weather loach and it sounds like a fun fish to have and he get big enough to hang out with my catfish. I don't know where I can buy one online or if it'll eat snails. Oh yea completely random but would plecos' eat snails?

Loaches are awesome but do well in groups. Plecos dont eat snails. I'd say try the lettuce trick. Put in a piece of lettuce and let it stay over night. The snails will flock to it then just remove the lettuce. It's cheap and effective. Good luck.

Snails don't really eat your plants either. They eat all the dead plant matter and actually make your plants healthier

Yea try looking for giant clown loach. Need a big tank cause they can get quite big

Back
Top Bottom