I want more but..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can I have more?!! I would like to add a few more fish to my 55g planted. Currently occupied by:
10 harliquins
2 angels
7 cories
1 albino sail fin plec
3 mystery snails
3 assassin snails...
Could I possibly add a powder blue dwarf gourami and 3 more juli cories??

I think you can add those if you'd like. How is your filtration?

In terms of bio-load, I don't see why not. But in terms of compatibility..... Eehhhhh.

I have an Aquino 55/75 which is rated up to 90 gallons and a powerhead in the opposite side to help with circulation. I do weekly 30-50% water changes...

My angels are juvies and don't chase/bother anyone but the snails. They give them the stare down;) the dwarf gourami would be small as well. Is there anything that would be better to add??

I think the compatibility issue he was referring to was between the rasboras and the angels. Adult angelfish can definitely kill and eat the rasboras if they wanted to.

However, you definitely have the space to add those fish IMO.

I have started praying that this doesn't happen. They don't pay any attention to them as they mainly are busy playing in my powerhead flow. But if they start to take them out then they will go. They are pretty big now. I don't think they will get much bigger though:/ then I'm gonna have my fella at my lfs order me a dwarf:) is one ok or do they do better in pairs? If better in pairs how will this affect my angels?

Laser your cat in your avatar is awsome!! He looks like my kitty boy!! He is a 25 pound Maine coon:)

A single dwarf gourami is surely fine as the males are quite territorial. In my understanding, most dwarf gouramis sold are males because the females are not as colorful.

Angelfish and gourami compatibly is somewhat a topic of debate. I don't think you'll get any straight answers on that. I think the chances are better if your angelfish grow up with the rasboras that they won't see them as food, especially if you keep your angels well feed.

You have a 25 pound maine coon? That's amazing! Mine is only 14 pounds although I don't believe he is a full maine coon he certainly acts like one.

Edit: I love your 2 Angelfish. They're gonna grow so fast just watch.

Well I will give it a try with the dwarf!! My black angel has grown a lot in the past week but the other is kinda lagging behind!! They are beautiful fish!! I kept a gourami a betta at one time and they were ok so I will be praying:) my cat is a beast...he chases my children!!!

Yeah I know:/ my fish guy will take one back on a trade. I already talked to him about it when I bought them:) I really am not good at sexing them. I know the males generally have a hump on their heads but other then that I'm clueless:( any help with that would be appreciated

The hump on the head is not always there from my understanding. I wouldn't worry about it until it happens. Even if they are male and female they may not even pair up.

I am praying the dont. My son picked out the koi one and I am not taking my black angel back;) he would be mad at me;) they don't seem to hang around each other as much as they did when I first got them.

Back
Top Bottom