I was thinking about adding some cory cats, or perhaps some shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbysue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I was thinking about adding some cory cats, or perhaps some shrimp to my tank, so I'm checking in with you all before I do.

55 gallon, fluval 307 filter, ceramic heater.
pH sits at about 6.5-6.8
Pool filter sand as substrate.
Planted areas, clear areas, rock-stack areas, some drift wood.
Well cycled. No problems with with ammonia, nitrates or nitrites.

Currently stocked with:
Espei rasbora x12 (dithering nicely)
Mikrogeophagus ramirezi (blue "balloon" morph) x6 juvenile
2 x supposed to stay small ancistrus (one is an albino long fin = v. pretty, one should be a bristle nose, but too small to tell yet)

So, leave well enough alone? OK to add shrimp? Some small cory cats? What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

:fish2:Susan:fish2:

Cories would likely be fine. Dwarf shrimp will turn into snacks. Larger amanos MAY work.

Just a suggestion, I see that you have stacked rock with pfs as the substrate...make sure that the rocks are firmly in place and won't shift if sand is dug out around it. I recently lost one of my cories because it was adventurous and dug out sand around the rocks looking for food. The rock shifted and ended up trapping him and he died before I found him :(
I would just make sure the rocks are stable so this won't happen to you :)

Are you planning on keeping the 6 juvie rams in the 55? Reason I'm asking is, best case scenario would be 3 pairs. Although unlikely, it would present a problem once spawning occurs.
Just food for thought... >=))))(°>

Back
Top Bottom