I went fish shopping today and now I have some ?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Note: I DID NOT LOOK AT THE FISH!...AT ALL...

Okay, so I bought a glass canopy for my 20 gal because this morning my last longfin danio decided to play suicide and jumped out of the tank, I had some seran wrap on it... but apparently they keep jumping out near the filter. So I got that. The heater makes the back bump up so I slid it forward so both could fit on and the back of the canopy wouldn't be up. Is that alright?

Also I bought tubifex worms to try and I'm just curious how often I should feed it to them because my frogs love them and I was hand feeding it to them and Iggy just didn't want to stop. They don't seem to be getting as much food because they're hiding all the time in that dang castle but they do eat. So I was wondering if I should treat it as a treat or as a food for my frogs and some of my more carnivorous fish or just try to feed it to my frogs and if my other fish get it, oh well.

I'm trying to get a wide spread of variety in my tank so everyone's getting lots of different foods to help them grow/get more colorful/be happier/etc. I tried.. grapes yesterday too and my female betta LOVES it. All my other fish are just like...ew gross get it away.. lol

the glass hoods come with a plastic piece that can be trimmed to fit your heater cord and HOB's output nice and snug.. If yours didnt come with the plastic trim the LFS sells it separately.. HTH
did you buy freezedried, frozen or live tubiflex worms?

They're... freeze dried I believe they're in little cubes.

It did come with the plastic rim thingy...but I did not know I could trim it lol. I'll see if this works out though. I have a HOB filter but it's low enough that it doesn't affect the glass thing, it's just the heater X.x

good for the media!! that will defiitley help with your biological filtration AND mechanical. It will catch more debris and provide more places for bacteria to grow.. i love my Aquaclear HOB filter... and kudos to you for not buying more fish :mrgreen:

lol. I was just looking at my molly babies though and I think they're overly obese o.o.. like where their "chest" area in the front is like bulged out (not dropsy) and it's just like looking at a cow almost with the big chest then it curves into a slimmer body. No more food for them for today o.o

I always trimmed mine with scissors.. but a pen type exacto knife would probably be a better tool..
I would feed tubiflex sparingly personally.. there are some nutritional health problems related to heavy use of it..(if my memory serves me well) but as a treat its good.. HTH

Puriti said:
lol. I was just looking at my molly babies though and I think they're overly obese o.o.. like where their "chest" area in the front is like bulged out (not dropsy) and it's just like looking at a cow almost with the big chest then it curves into a slimmer body. No more food for them for today o.o

are you sure there isnt some balloon molly in there genes?

I started to get concerned after reading the title of the thread. I thought, oh no, more fish. :D Congrats on holding out on temptation and not looking at the fish.

If the front belly is protruding, could they be a mix of balloon mollies?

Another good tool to use on the plastic piece is a wire cutter. I use it on my plastic hoods and it works great. Congrats on the hood! :D

greenmaji said:
Puriti said:

are you sure there isnt some balloon molly in there genes?

Yeah but they weren't that fat yesterday that I remember.. and ..bad me.. I can accuse myself of overfeeding my fish...I have like..this impulse to feed them most times if they swarm to the front. They get about 3-4 meals a day ^^;; Usually 2-3 though if I'm not home. I have like OCD for feeding fish X.x lol

yeah i feed mine a lot too... i walk by the tank and all the Angels swarm to the top so i feed them a lot, but i feed them very small amounts each time.

He he, my betta has become fat since he's vecome a more aggressive eater. That old boy needs to go on a diet. No more corn for him for a while.

Back
Top Bottom