I went shopping today.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMTtony

Aquarium Advice Regular
I intended on buying only what I needed from the local PetSmart (fish food and dog food). I ended up walking out of there with a new 20 gal set up including light,filter,heater,air pump,gravel, thermometer, background, and a really nice piece of driftwood. All for under $140. I have taken pics. I have it filled up now and I am awaiting the time to add fish.

I am probably going to move the fish from my 10 gal over slowly to the new one. Or just get new ones, and let the fish I have now stay in the 10 gal. Any recommendations on additions to the 10 I have listed below.

4 neon tetras
4 fancy male guppies
1 white molly
1 dwarf puffer (my lil' snail eater)

Tony

Attachments

• 2005_0811misc0059.jpg
    2005_0811misc0059.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 131
The tank looks great. :D MTS is finally kicking in. :D

Regarding your list: I wouldn't get the molly. They need lots of swimming space. I wouldn't recommend anything less than a 29 gal tank.

I'm not an expert on Puffers, but I don't think they can go with any other fish. What kind were you looking for?

Puffers seem to do best in a species only tank, with few exceptions. Haven't read much on dwarf puffers though.

From my experience, Puffer is a nipper and an oppurtunist.. So If I were u I will keep it in seperate tank... not along with peaceful fishes.. Watch out ur guppies.. Puffer will rip the fin off in seconds.. :roll:

Nice setup Tony! Pretty soon you'll be like me and end up with 7 tanks and 3 in storage. :oops: :lol:

If you want to move your fish over from the 10 to the 20, I suggest moving the filter over at the same time to avoid a cycle.

BTW, that's not as bad as the time I went to Petsmart for fish food and ended up adopting my brown dog! 8O Coolest impulse buy ever.

I went out today and bought live plants for it, 4 all together. Also put in a 12'' airstone. Oh, also a small clay pot went in today. I haven't put any fish in it yet.

The list above is what I already have in my 10 gal. The dwarf puffer hasn't bothered any of my other fish as of yet, and I've had it for more than a month. He just swims around all day eating snails.

I was offered a 55 gal tank last night by a guy I work with. He said he would let me have it for cheap. Includes tank, stand, hood, light, bio wheel filter, gravel, 3 pieces of driftwood. I am seriously thinking about it, but I have no way of getting it home ( I doubt it will fit in my Mustang).

I was offered a free 40gal bow front w/ everything from one of my managers at work, but another manager said he'd take it. He doesn't have any tanks, so I said he should have it. I also warned him that he needs to be careful. I told him fish keeping can be an addictive hobby. lol

He never gave me a set price, but he said it's in his basement, taking up room. He hasn't used it in 2-3 years, I'm sure I can get it cheap. Moving it is the dilemma though.

No one in my family has a truck or SUV, and I don't really know anyone well enough that has one. I did find one option though, a local place here rents pickup trucks by the hour or day.

I talked it over today with my fiance, she is ok with it, as long as I get rid of my 10 gal, I can keep my 20 gal though. I am not worried about the weight of it either, my apartment building is concrete construction. I think I'll get it.

I haven't commited to it as of yet. I need to talk numbers with him first. He made it sound like he wants it gone, and he doesn't want much for it. I won't allow him to rip me off, I know what they cost brand new locally, and his is about 5 years old. He said it didn't leak when he stopped using it, just got bored with it, and gave all the fish to a relative.

hmm if its within like 5 years (i think) most of the newer cars the seats can go down. and some of the older ones.

and is that driftwood real?

Back
Top Bottom