I will be popping the cork tonight........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carpediem

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hooray, I am done!!!!!

My nitrate is 0, ammonia 0, pH is 7.6. I never thought that writing this post would feel sooo good. Oh yeah!

Tomorrow, I will bring home some of my fish. Probably the platies first, then the 2 guppies with the 3 glowlights next week (or will a couple of days be enough). Then the cory and the otocinclus. Maybe he will trade me one of my 2 female platies for another cory, so he is not so lonely and she will no longer be bullied by the male (no he is not trying to mate with her).

Man, that is definitely one of the up's these last two weeks.

Hang in there, all cyclers. The end is near!

Hold that cork for a minute Carpedium! Nitrate = 0? Are you sure you don't mean nitrite? The cycled tank parameters are: NH3 - 0, NO2 = 0 and NO3 - 10-20ppm. Please update so we can get those corks out of the bottles!!!!

Sorry, I started the party early!!!
It is nitrite that is 0 ppm. I am absolutely sure about that, because I do not even own a nitrate test.

And yeah, the party is on!!! (Let me know, how you guys feel tomorrow; probably prettier than me, I guess!) It has been a rough ride.

Well, in that case... :multi:

Congratulations! I am so very happy to hear that the tank has finally cooperated and is now cycled.

I will have to wait now for my end of the celebration...had to come in to work but, this evening...Whoop...whoop!

Congratulations! :jump: Ive been following up this topic since the first time you posted and let me tell you...im gonna miss not reading about it anymore... :bawl: specially because i am too cycling my tank (with fish) and the process is reaaaalllyy slow...hope my end results are just like yours....will all you guys be look like this tonight? :drinking: haha...

So, Fuzzy, my loyal compagnion over the last month, has left the tank. (No need to ponder about his future...).

I have my 3 platies back and my 2 guppies. I am probably pushing it here. I guess, a week at least and will have to monitor it daily now. Water is a 78F now and holding.

I will keep you posted. Sure feels great to watch them back in their tank

It doesn't suck at all - no responsibilites > no alcohol, trust me.

Plus, you get to blame things on leprechauns! LoL.

oops, this was meant as a celebration post and not a fundamental philosphical post.

I am glad my 3 months of cycling are over. I got so much help here and learned a huge amount thanks to the members here on this site. Thank you to all those that responded to my posts and pm me.

A huge thank you again to all of you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom