ice storm coming!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tank was out 18 hours at the end of November. I only lost a shrimp in that mess. I had to leave (because it was cold) and was surprised to come back to a fine group of fishies. They were very hungry, but fine.

It's icing over at the moment. Yesterday was just rain but it's sleeting right now. It doesn't take a lot to snap a power line.

the temp here has been consistently in the low teens. i thinkit's gotten as high as 26F in the last week and a half. my poor little heater in my 10gal can barely keep a steady 78...i think it drops to about 75 at night. we're supposed to get more snow today through tonight...

It's been raining most of the day, and staying at a constant sweltering 34 degrees. That's here at work. I have no idea what's going on at home, 15 miles to the north. We're supoosed to drop to about 24 degrees and stay there til thursday. So far we've been lucky, people just an hour NW of here are under 3/4 to an inch of ice. Fishyfanatic-I hope you don't get too covered up there, lovemybarbs-you too!!

Up here in Northeast MO, we have about 1/4 inch of ice then 2" of ice/ snow then another 1/4" of ice on top. Its been raining all day, and is supposed to turn to snow after midnight. So far, we still have power, but I could probably jump rope with the power lines!

It's been raining all day here. We are actually in a flood warning. The temp is dropping so it may turn to ice over night. I can hear sleet hitting the air conditioner and windows. Ice has already formed on the trees outside the window.

South Dakota we got 5 inches of snow and a nice coat of ice under it. We are below zero this morning with windchills around 20 below. Its is a mess to drive in. The snow it STUCK to the roads and I almost killed myself on the way to work yesterday evening. Going 20mph and doing a complete turn around slide on the road. lol I was so scared.

So far this year we have had a few ice storms and this is the first real snow of the winter. That in itself is odd. We usually have snow in October on.

I dont know what I would do if I lost power! Food for thought!

Hold you all are doing okay and still have power.

We lost power for about 3 hours this morning. All is well here. The worst is long past, I hope the rest of y'all came through as clean as we did!! There is still ice on everything, but not much. I couldn't play jumprope on the lines, at least. lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom