Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilovemyfishies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm on day three of my quickcure ich treatment. My neons danios and corys are doing well they seem to be their old selves again and I no longer see any spots. Even thought the instructions say three days of treatment should I do one more treatment tomorrow which would be the fourth day or just do a water Change and vacuum the substrate tomorrow?

Treatment

I will just follow the recommendation and keep the temperature high like 86 degrees for another five days.

Last edited:
+1 on keeping the temp up, also if you do a PWC, do a large one (like 75%) to remove parasites in the water, the high temperature will kill any that are left behind (assuming you haven't already killed them all with the meds)

Heat alone is the best method for getting rid of ich in mild outbreaks, however not the most effective on severe outbreaks. Raising the temperature to 86 and performing frequent, partial water changes can help the situation greatly but may not always be 100% effective. This method will help to control the Ich but is not the best primary course of action in your situation, But like said above, I would do A PWC everyday with an addtional gravel vaac (Getting extra parasites on gravel) until you stop seeing Ich.

Tyler

Back
Top Bottom