ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

idel01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fighter fish has little white spots from head to tail can eny one give me advice on how to get rid of it iv looked up and it says to rease your tank temp to 90f and add salt is this best

Just raise the temp up to 87 and leave it a week after the last ich spot is seen. Increase aeration.

Increasing aeration is that turning up the air filter to let more oxigen in to tank

idel01 said:
Increasing aeration is that turning up the air filter to let more oxigen in to tank

Yep, you can do that. Anything that will put more air into the water because warmer water has oxygen for the fish

I only can see 1 spot on the fighters back now do you think if i leave the temp at 90 till end of week things should be ok

idel01 said:
I only can see 1 spot on the fighters back now do you think if i leave the temp at 90 till end of week things should be ok

I'd do a little lower. Like 88. It all depends in the situation. It will probaly be 2 weeks.

All spots have gone now had it at 90 since last sat no fish have died apart from 1 of my plea have died

Cool! I'd leave it up a few more days (at least til sat.) and you should be good :)

Back
Top Bottom