Ich self cured

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey yall I have a question for you. Can fish cure ich by themselves? I noticed white spots on some of ny fish awhile back and they just went away (soon after 2 plecos came down with the worst case Ive ever seen and died) but now my brothers fish are showing signs. They have a white spot or 2 on them that looks just like ich but the next day it is gone or maybe in a new spot. Any thoughts?

I have had sresed fish show wight spot simptoms but normally it's a touch of finrot that can heal on its own if the fish is in good condition but its best to treat the wight spot any way as the finrot is a fungal infection as well and will not always clear on its own it will not hurt the other fish but read all the instructions on how to use it and dont forget to water change after finishing the treatment though most brake down with uv so dont run the light for the first 2 days of treatments and turn off any uv sterilisation set on the tank good luck

ich is not self cured it remains in the fish gills. if u can raise the temp to 86 add some aquarium salt

I have had sresed fish show wight spot simptoms but normally it's a touch of finrot that can heal on its own if the fish is in good condition but its best to treat the wight spot any way as the finrot is a fungal infection as well and will not always clear on its own it will not hurt the other fish but read all the instructions on how to use it and dont forget to water change after finishing the treatment though most brake down with uv so dont run the light for the first 2 days of treatments and turn off any uv sterilisation set on the tank good luck

Thanks. We are leaving town so treatment will have to wait. Hopefully not...

Hey yall I have a question for you. Can fish cure ich by themselves? I noticed white spots on some of ny fish awhile back and they just went away (soon after 2 plecos came down with the worst case Ive ever seen and died) but now my brothers fish are showing signs. They have a white spot or 2 on them that looks just like ich but the next day it is gone or maybe in a new spot. Any thoughts?

treat ich whenever possible. Like bob said, even though it may not be visible, if you haven't treated, it's still there. That's probably why your plecos came down with the ich - it wasn't treated.

treat ich whenever possible. Like bob said, even though it may not be visible, if you haven't treated, it's still there. That's probably why your plecos came down with the ich - it wasn't treated.

I never treated that tank. That was over a month ago at least.

Several things here...

The ich might be in its "tomont" stage, which means it has fallen off the fish and is multiplying in its cyst somewhere. The cyst will eventually burst, usually after 24 hours, and what you'll then see of this parasite is a lot worse then what you originally saw.

or

The ich is in a dormant stage, where it is still on the fish, but the fish's immune system is suppressing it, not allowing it to develop.

or

The situation has resolved itself with lots of water changes and gravel vacs, which can in and of itself eliminate the ich. Been there done that on this last one.

David

Several things here...

The ich might be in its "tomont" stage, which means it has fallen off the fish and is multiplying in its cyst somewhere. The cyst will eventually burst, usually after 24 hours, and what you'll then see of this parasite is a lot worse then what you originally saw.

or

The ich is in a dormant stage, where it is still on the fish, but the fish's immune system is suppressing it, not allowing it to develop.

or

The situation has resolved itself with lots of water changes and gravel vacs, which can in and of itself eliminate the ich. Been there done that on this last one.

David

Thanks. My bro is doing a water change. I told him to make sure to vac the sand as best he can without sucking it up. He has lots of plants so hopefully it will be ok. My tank hasnt had any problems since the plecos died. I wondered if I had misdiagnosed.

This may irrelevant to you, but when I do water changes it produces a lot of air bubbles in the tank. Sometimes they attach to the fish and appear to be white spots.

This may irrelevant to you, but when I do water changes it produces a lot of air bubbles in the tank. Sometimes they attach to the fish and appear to be white spots.

Hmmm.. his air pump is running and the fikter has been causing bubbles. Maybe that is it.

Back
Top Bottom