ich treatments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what ich treatment do you prefer/use?

• heat and salt

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • quick cure

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Definitely heat and salt, i have a planted tank and i dont like to put weird meds in there.

Heat and salt.

I also added an all natural product called "Ich-Attack" to the tank. It didn't require any extra water changes so it wasn't any heavy medicine of any type.

Well why would you use heat and salt. When your tank should always be heated. Around 80. And should always have salt in the tank?

P8ntballer52 said:
Well why would you use heat and salt. When your tank should always be heated. Around 80. And should always have salt in the tank?

For me, normal is 78 but once when I treated ich, I went up to 86. It saves money and most ich medicine leaves a stain on the tank.

P8ntballer52 said:

Ich treatment with heat is increasing the heat to 86-88F. 10 degrees or so above the normal temperature of a tropical tank. FW tanks don't need salt all the time only during treatments for things like ich.

Back
Top Bottom