Id betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harris55g

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ik it's a baby. I was wondering if it should start showing if its gonna b male or female and what type?? It's bright colors so was leaning towards males.... Can anyone help??

image-4039581384.jpg

I think that's a male. You will have to wait until it grows and see how big it gets.

It's the striped body that made me do a double take and hard to see coloring in the picture. A Baby Shortfin Splendens betta is the only thing that could possibly be it but didn't think they had stripes. This is a first for me but I'd still love to see a close up to see the actual colors and markings.

Ill get more pixs when it comes out of hiding. It like to stay hidden n with it being so small it's hard to find him at times.

New pics

Attachments

• image-1177953267.jpg
    image-1177953267.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3907140101.jpg
    image-3907140101.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 72
What ever it is, it's really beautiful. I've never seen a betta with stripes but Im no betta expert.

the stripes are from stress. all bettas get them when really upset. My betta still gets them if I net him or move him to a holding cup.

How new is the baby? If they don't fade soon I would be surprised. Try less stimulation and light for 24 hours

I have had females with stripes. There are now so many more colorful females. Also the more wild ones have stripes. Has plakat looking fins.

Stress intensifies stripes but babies tend to have more stripes also.

Seeing it closer now I'd say betta. Baby Shortfin Splendens would still be my guess.

Baby had strips when I got it n never fades. I have him n 55g n only light half tank. Plenty of places to hide. Witch he does a lot. I'm not sure how old petco didn't tell me.

Back
Top Bottom