ID Betta Type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few months ago I found a beautiful male Betta. He was sold to me as a Dragon King, but I have no idea if he really is. I also have a large female, that was sold as a female Halfmoon. Can anyone please help me ID them? I just want to know if they were labeled correctly. The male might be a King, but he might also be a larger Plakat. The female looks pretty big, at least compared to my other females, and now that I'm trying to get the two to spawn, she looks pretty close in size to the male. The female's tail doesn't have a full 180 tail, it's close, but not. I'm not good at taking pictures, so the quality is not the best.

Attachments

• Royal Spawning 007.jpg
    Royal Spawning 007.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Sorority 003.jpg
    Sorority 003.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 67
I got them to spawn, and by watching them it seems that my first thought was right. The male is a large Halfmoon Plakat, while the female kept slipping from his embrace, so that means that she is at least of equal size. It was their first time though. I've read about telling tail types, but it is pretty vague on telling if a female is a Plakat or not, the differences seem to be really subtle with the anal fin.

Back
Top Bottom