ID Fish Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AshleyXavier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, can anyone help to ID this fish? I have been searching a lot of profiles and can't find one that match...

Attachments

• 060226007s_135.jpg
    060226007s_135.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 22
Definitely not a FW Blennie..

I think it's some kind of loach too.. The pic of the batik loach you posted looks more similiar than the one I found at http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/268.htm

Not sure but the mouth looks slightly different.. There are 2 or 3 sets of barbels I think and the fins are not as translucent as the one in the pic.

It likes to hide almost all the time and I hardly see it in my tank, making it difficult to take it's photo until recently, in which I realised it digs in the gravel uder the wire mesh of my riccia.. only manage to snap it's photo a couple of days back after I replanted my riccia. I bought it for a few months back as I find it rather cute and behaves like a kitten.. and I still enjoy looking at it the few times it decides to make an appearance in the tank.

As for feeding wise, it mainly search for food in the gravel but I did observe it eating bloodworms before during a feeding time. It also sort of swims to the surface to gulp in air once in a while when I bought it initially but I do not see this behavior nowadays.

Also, Fishprofiles states that Batik Loach's main colors are grey and white. Mine is neither, it's brown.. the colors in my photo is accurate. :)
Patterns looks rather the same as Batik Loach though..

Back
Top Bottom