ID help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it's a loach, but I dunno what kind meant to of got a zebra loach to join the 2 I alreAdy have,, got home to find they've caught the wrong one!! It jumped over the back so I didn't see him net it, if its compatible ill keep it, if not I would rather take him back before acclimating him.. So as soon as I know what he is I can research him, ill get some better pics thanks

Closest thing I can find is a striped sand loach, on with the search, no idea what type he is :/
I really like him tho!

Closest thing I can find is a striped sand loach, on with the search, no idea what type he is :/
I really like him tho!

He's super cute! Though I have no idea. Maybe call the lfs an ask what else they were keeping in the tank? This way you can deduce what it could be a little more easily. I love the pattern!

Well what I've decided to do is keep him, I'm going to go to the shop tomorrow and ask them what he was, I've got the pics, he was the only one in the tank of his kind anyway so whether he will be ok on his own or not I don't know but ill do my research and do my best for him, and if it doesn't work out ill take him back but I have the space for him, and I've kinda fallen in love (after the initial shock!) thanks for your help

Based on the high set eyes and the shape of the snout, I'd bet it's a Nemacheiline loach, not a Botiine like the zebra loaches. Try lookin' up pics of the zodiac loach, Nemacheilus triangularis (or Mesonemacheilus triangularis). I'm not 100% positive based on yer pics, but that may be yer fish. :)

WYite

Yes zodiac loach is right! Thanks so much!

Nice find. He should be fine with the zebras from what I know of 'em. They're from the same region of India, so it may have came in as a sport and nobody noticed it was different.

Have some zebra loaches myself. They are great fish.

WYite

They seem fine together, come across each other a few times and there's been no problems but will keep an eye :) I'm so chuffed with him/her :) and same with the zebra loaches they're lovely fish :)

Back
Top Bottom