ID HELP!!!! Please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank is becoming a science experiment!!!!! I have ALOT of little round things swimming around toward the bottom of my tank. They swim in a fluid motion and are TINY! I also have some unidentified eggs! They are not snail eggs. They are small white spots inside a sack. But there is only one white spot per sack!

Hers my stocking list:
Countless snails (pond, ramshorn, and assassin)
Bunches of RCS (some are babies)
2 otos
12 pygmy cories
and 1 suspected platy fry (transfered from my moms tank)

If anybody could help id I would really really really appreciate it!!!!!!!

sounds like the RCS had babies... were any preggo or in hiding for ages then 'reappeared'?

the cories could be the next option, can we have a pic of the eggs to ID? x

Ok I know it is not the rcs because I actually happened (how I dont know) to walk up while they were hatching. The babies are bigger than these dots. I thought about the cories to. The eggs are sticking to some plants and the dots seem to like the shade just like my pygmy cories. I will ATTEMPT to get photo evidence of the eggs lol

ok I couldnt get a pic so I made a diagram. The gray part is almost completely clear on the actual thing and the white dot is pretty self explanitory. The black thing is like a piece of plant it is attached to. The whole thing is kinda squarish roundish.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 54
ok I figured out what the eggs are Im pretty sure. They are assassin snnail eggs! I never have seen a snail egg sack like this! And I was told that assassins reproduce at a rate of 1-3 babies a year! My stupid LFS!

my assassins don't reproduce very fast either, but I don't know what the exact rate is. I had them for like 6 or 8 months and then recently happened to see 3 little baby ones.
Cool man! If my eggs dont get chowed on Im gonna have almost 20!

Back
Top Bottom