ID The fish is saved please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaketetra28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi so yesterday I saved some fish from a local on Kijiji, and she said they were tetras but they turned out to be swordtails and platys. They have really different colourings and I can't seem to find them on the internet :(

They are quarantined right now because they didn't come from the cleanest water, some of the fins were rough, and the platys scales were missing bc I later watched the swordtails nipping at them.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502855.171088.jpg

Two of the three swordtails are this colour

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402503363.917710.jpg

The 3rd swordtail is the one at the back, it's silver/white to orange

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402503030.232863.jpg

These are the two platys, one I believe has ICH, so I treated the tank just in case and I've seen improvement in the activity, I've treated them with some freshwater salt by API, and some Melafix by API which will help the fins/scales, also some nox-ich which has helped.

Thanks!

Could the third one be a neon sword tail? Can't see any detail, but ours tend toward orange/silver, without the blue/green you see in some. And the platys look like sunburst wags to me....not sure. Pretty fish, in any case!

Back
Top Bottom