Id This fish please!:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, i was at the lfs today, and i realised these really nice fish(Looks like oscar but isn't), and i decided to buy one. They didn't have a price, and they weren't identified, so he gave me one of them for 3$(I think it was really cheap).
Please id this fish for me:) I think it might be a cichlid:D
I couldn't snap amazing pictures, but this is better then nothing:)
:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_0695[1].jpg
    IMG_0695[1].jpg
    172 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0697[1].jpg
    IMG_0697[1].jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0700[1].jpg
    IMG_0700[1].jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0702[1].jpg
    IMG_0702[1].jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 138
Yes I did. We have convicts at the firehouse and there tails are like that. I remember thinking how come the fish in the tank don't nip at it.

I have no idea but I want to hear what people think it is, its beautiful!

Can I say I am in love with this fish??!!!! I asked a good friend of mine who specializes in cichlids to look at the pics. She said she thinks its a veiltail oscar and that they are quite rare. Looking forward to seeing the pics, Convict!! :)

Can I say I am in love with this fish??!!!! I asked a good friend of mine who specializes in cichlids to look at the pics. She said she thinks its a veiltail oscar and that they are quite rare. Looking forward to seeing the pics, Convict!! :)
Wait, are you talking about my fish? You think i have a veil tail oscar?:3

Wait, are you talking about my fish? You think i have a veil tail oscar?:3

I know NOTHING about cichlids! I asked a good friend of mine to take a look at the pics because I wanted to know what type of fish it was- her best guess was a veiltail oscar but she said she has only seen one in person in her entire life. Its an amazing fish whatever it is!! And I want one! :)

I know NOTHING about cichlids! I asked a good friend of mine to take a look at the pics because I wanted to know what type of fish it was- her best guess was a veiltail oscar but she said she has only seen one in person in her entire life. Its an amazing fish whatever it is!! And I want one! :)
Im getting 2 more, and putting them in my 120gallon tank:)

Here is the pictures. He has calmed down a lot since yesterday. A lot more focused:)

Attachments

• IMG_0708[1].jpg
    IMG_0708[1].jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0705[1].jpg
    IMG_0705[1].jpg
    109 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0707[1].jpg
    IMG_0707[1].jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0706[1].jpg
    IMG_0706[1].jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 47
Looks like a con with the fins of a vt Oscar which is the only cichlid I know of wth flowing fins like that

Back
Top Bottom