ID this fish please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The black line on the Neon seems to "bleed" farther down than the fish in Steel's pic. That, and it dosent look as concave.
What does its tail look like Steel?

That is an African catfish, Eutropiella sp. (probably E. buffei or E. debauwi). They are commonly referred to as 'Flagtail Catfish' and reach about 4" or so in length. They are schooling fish and, unlike most catfish, are open-water swimmers (that is, they don't hang around on the bottom much).

if he is a schooling fish, does that mean he will be unhappy being the only one of his kind in the tank?

i love that picture. he looks like he is smiling for the camera. :)

He would be more comfortable if you could find some buddies for him but he'll probably be OK by himself.

-Joe

Looks like it might be a Rummy Nose Tetra. How long have you had the fish? If it is stressed it will not have a red head..it will appear silver too???

I didn't read all the way through, I saw the fish and jumped. I am too new and excitable yet when I think I actually know something. ha ha

Back
Top Bottom