Idea for a tank (Stocking)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it could work. All three species should be able to hold their own and nobody should be pushed around really. Best advice I would give is don't get any bottom dwellers except maybe a pleco if you want. Even at that you'll need multiple hiding places. Red tail sharks are highly territorial but so are plecos.

I think it could work. All three species should be able to hold their own and nobody should be pushed around really. Best advice I would give is don't get any bottom dwellers except maybe a pleco if you want. Even at that you'll need multiple hiding places. Red tail sharks are highly territorial but so are plecos.

Yep, I absolutely love RTS so I know a fair bit about them. I was trying to find a nice shoaling fish species but they're either too small or much too active and would drive everyone bonkers. I may get a mid-size pleco....but no commons! I think there's a variety that's about the same size as the shark so that they can hold their own. The tank I have in mind is 48" but I don't want a 12" gargantuan in there. (Would totally love a Knifefish but I don't know enough to get one...but I digress) But in which order would I add them? Obviously, the Rainbows go in first, but who should go last, the Gourami or the Shark?

Back
Top Bottom