Idea for future tank but need input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CuriousRaven

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, I currently do not have the ability to have a 55 gallon but I plan to in a year or two. I would like to stock it with a single golden severum but I am unsure if I could add 4-6 corydoras to this tank too?
I used to have a Golden severum in a community tank over a decade ago when I was not super knowledgeable and had it living peacefully with many types of fish. (Albeit it was ridiculously overstocked, I was about 14 then and it was my first tank).

If a golden severum could live happily in a 55 gallon with some corys (4-6) I would be super thrilled as these are two of my favorite fish.

I don’t know much about what the needs of golden severum; but wouldn’t the cories become a snack for that large a fish?

Why would you stock the tank with one single fish? Almost all fish do better with others of their kind. I suggest at least a pair.

Presumably because it’s not a particularly docile fish and not a huge amount of space. And not all fish like being with others of their species. I don’t know if this cichlid is one of them.

You may have better luck posting in the cichlid sub-forum where someone might have more first hand knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom