Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Judge92

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've got a 29g freshwater community.

9 Neon Tetras
1 Clown Pleco
2 Guppies
6 Corydoras (4 bronze 2 peppered)
And 3 baby mollies that I've thought about getting rid of.

So I know I've got a bit of room. I had a rubbernose pleco but he died recently, not sure how or why. I wanted to get another one. But what other additions would be a good idea? I was thinking of adding a few more neons just to make the school bigger and that would be like the "focus" of the tank, but I haven't really thought of anything else.

I don't know how big will be that kind o pleco.

But if you like tetras, I would suggest to add a school of rummynose tetras, maybe 7 to 8, they are fun and beautiful.

Since you are ready have a dwarf pleco, I dont think another one is necessary. But, since the Clown pleco is not the best algae eater, you could replace it with a rubberlip or a bristlenose pleco, IMO they are better algae eaters.

I think you need a Centre piece fish to finish up the tank, Have you considered a Pearl gourami? What about an apisto or Dwarf cichlid?

For the short time that I had the rubbernose, he ate A LOT of algae and did a GREAT job! That's why I want another one lol. The clown likes to sit around and is nice to see but he doesn't eat algae lol.

I agree with a "centerpiece fish". I was looking into a dwarf gourami for a while but I wasn't too sure. Most people said they were really docile and fine but others said they could be territorial. (this was also at the time that I had a few mollies so they were about the same size)

Yes Both reports were right from the people, DG's can be moody in some cases, by chasing away fish (Really just charging at the fish lol) or Dominating the tank.

Ive had a very docile DG in a tank of neons once, then I had one that was in a 30 gallon community, He always tried to pick a fight with the angelfish, but came out with a ripped fin. :p

Do you think I'd have any issues with the fish I have in my tank right now? My largest fish is the pleco lol.

Another question, I have a bubble wall and I know DG make bubble nests. Would that affect them in any way? I know they're not breeding but do they still want to make bubble nests?

Back
Top Bottom