Ideas for 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now in my 29g tank i have 20 or so kribensis fry who will soon be going to a fish store and i was thinking of turning the tank into a small fish community.

So far i was thinking of Fancy Guppy (x3), zebra danio (x5) and possibly black phantom tetra (x5) but i don't really have many ideas of what else. I dont want any other livebearers other than the guppies and no cichlids in this tank. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and seriously considered :)

I have Black Phontom Tetra (BPT) and they can sometimes get nippy towards the guppies. So maybe you could get the Glow Light Tetra or Rummy Nose Tetra but it is just a warning

Corys and khulis. You need some bottom dwellers.

I already have 3 albino corys just now (used to be 5 but two vanished) and a small bristlenose (Ancistrus, or however you spell it, lol) might definately go for some kuhlis though, they look awesome

if you keep juvenile discus fish, in a 29 gallon tank you can introduce a school of 6 juvenile discus fish...

fishboy and discus lover, thanks for the input but i already stated in the original post that i didn't want to have any cichlids in this tank.

So im heading up to my lfs 2morrow to take my kribensis fry up and get some new fishies for my 29g which will be free from the fry now, my current ideas just now are:
3x fancy guppy
1x powder blue dwarf gourami
5x threadfin rainbows
5x kuhli loach
Obviously i wont be buying them all at once, i am just thinking ahead at the moment, does anyone know any other fishies that might go well with the group mentioned above or had any problems with fish in the group? =)

So i went up to my LFS with my kribensis fry and got a decent bit of store credit for them, which i immediately spent on fish to fill the tank again.

I ended up coming home with
3x guppy (1M 3F)
2x swordtail (1m 1f)
3x kuhli loach

by far the Kuhlis are my favourite that i came home with and the guy that owns the store is going to try and special order me some threadfin rainbows for 2 weeks time, hopefully he can get them :D

Back
Top Bottom