Ideas for a 20 gallon freshwater community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psychofish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! I am new to aquariumadvice.com, and I need help. I have a 20 gallon freshwater tank that holds 2 gold skirt tetraas and 1 painted orange and black swordtail. I need ideas on what to put in it. I have gravel and one little rock castle thing for hiding. I want to add plants and fish. I am really looking forward to having a beautiful aquarium!:thanks:

Don't know about anything else, but you would have to get at least 4 more skirt tetras, because they are school fish:)
hope I helped

Dan:)

You could add drift wood, some lace rock, and any number of low light plants:cryptos, java, water sprite, some of the swords, banana plants and if you've finished cycling the tank, it's time to increase your numbers on the fish as both types enjoy company.

Is ur swordtail male or female? If it's male u could add 4 or 5 females if it's female add 1 male and 3 or 4 more females, they add a lot of nice colour to ur tank

Also I really like neon tetras, could I add some of those? Sorry, I'm really new to fishkeeping.

Back
Top Bottom