Ideas for fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

relisefishies8897

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a brand new 55g kit :dance: and it got me thinkin what fish besides my current ones would be good:confused:

I currently have a ten gal. w/....
two emerald corydoras
one ADF
two bumblebee cats
two black tetras
five snails (four little and one big)

all suggestions welcome :) :thanks: :fish2: :cool: :whistle:

thanks fishman but two things 1 is a question why the fudge are you so obsessed w/ swordtails and 2 sharks get big.

oh and I'm more than likely going to get 1 or more ADFs, some panda corydoras (they are so cute :D ) gold barbs, maybe a Siamese algae eater or an otto cat,
any yays or nays on these are appreciated. :D

The adf's will struggle for food in that large of a tank, unless you already have a special way to feed it. If I were you I'd use the 10 gallon as a species ADF tank and have 4-6 of them:) As for the rest, definitely increase your cats, just because you can. Im a huge fan of schools, rummynose, neon, glowlights. Maybe do a school of rainbows, so you have some different sizes in their. And then something to pop like an angel, betta, ram cichlid, or paradise fish:) That's just me

I just got a brand new 55g kit :dance: and it got me thinkin what fish besides my current ones would be good:confused:

I currently have a ten gal. w/....
two emerald corydoras
one ADF
two bumblebee cats
two black tetras
five snails (four little and one big)

all suggestions welcome :) :thanks: :fish2: :cool: :whistle:

Cories are best kept in groups of 4-6, and tetras are schooling fish that need to be in groups of 6+.

I would think about making the 10 gal an ADF tank, personally. They are social creatures that like to be with other frogs, and would do better in a smaller species only tank than in a 55 community, IMO.

For centerpeice fish you could do german blue rams, or bolivian rams. Or kribensis would work as well. Opaline gourami are pretty. Boesemani rainbows are beautiful, you could add a group of those. Or a school of 6 glass cats might be nice. A big school of zebra danios/glo fish would be awesome in a 55 :)

The adf's will struggle for food in that large of a tank, unless you already have a special way to feed it. If I were you I'd use the 10 gallon as a species ADF tank and have 4-6 of them:) As for the rest, definitely increase your cats, just because you can. Im a huge fan of schools, rummynose, neon, glowlights. Maybe do a school of rainbows, so you have some different sizes in their. And then something to pop like an angel, betta, ram cichlid, or paradise fish:) That's just me

about the ADFs I'm not to awful concerned I hand feed my fish worms every other night, the froggy bites, fish flakes, and bottom feeder pellets pop in there the rest of the time. Also the whole set up is my grandmas' she buys.
I just suggest.

..thats another reason they are best kept in species only tanks. Pellets designed for fish often cause bloat and death in ADF's. If possible, try to make sure it only eats frog and tadpole bites and frozen foods. Hopefully she'll take your suggestions if you're the one learning about the fishies! :)

Thanks Siva but our frog is mostly interested in the worm he doesn't bother the pellets.

Back
Top Bottom