Ideas for mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Secret037

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20L gallon tank.
I have yet to decide what to house in it though, but I would prefer a cichlid, so long as it will be happy and healthy in it.
Thus I know I'm narrowed to dwarfs.
I was considering a Blue Ram or Kribensis, moreso the Ram. I'm not one of those people who gets a tank and throws fish in it, I do research and try to learn a good bit about them before it happens (I've also maintained a 55gal and 56 column).

That said on trying to find fish for my tank, I also came across African Butterfly fish. I've found out that they are indeed surface dwellers and pretty much keep to themselves should everyone else keep away from them.

I was wondering, even if not in this tank,
how do you think Blue Rams would do with African Butterflies?

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I don't really want to have to go through 30 pages before I find some link to an answer.

Thanks.
Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions regarding cichlids good for 20longs, I'm more than willing to listen. I love fish and aquariums, and I like to have happy fish, even if that means I'll have to wait a while longer. =)

Thanks for your time.

Mixing South American/ Central American with Africans is a no-no. They both require different water conditions.

I do however have some fish suggestions for you. Look into Apistos, a pair of convicts, flag cichlids or rainbow cichlids. There are a few Africans you can go with, most of them are shell dwellers. I dont know much about Africans, Im a SA/CA guy.

I have a 20long and it is stocked as followed (just for some ideas)
2 balloon rams (really could go any type of ram)
6 neon tetras
5 glo-light tetras
3 oto's
1 Blue mystery snail

I LOVE my rams and really wish i could have more

Lowryder: im going to have to disagree with you (prob for the first time ever) but its only for your flags, they really like to be in a group and can get to 3 in and if you do them in a group youd be outstocked. They would be ok if they were not a group type fish IMO Good suggestion for the shellies though

Back
Top Bottom