Ideas for my 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont have to attack me on a matter so trivial, ive had tanks for 8 years and I've done my research too, ill just go now, wow

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dont have to attack me on a matter so trivial, ive had tanks for 8 years and I've done my research too, ill just go now, wow

I was not attacking. I based my facts off of personal experience with a similar species and recommended tank sizes. Granted, you have a right to your opinion but in the eyes of others it is not always ideal. For example: some people on here never fully stock their tanks. People like me, have their stock at 110%.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I feel like if those gold barbs back then were stressed they wouldnt have lasted over a year, they seemed fine the entire life of that tank. I agree that tiger barbs should not go in a 10g, but gold barbs are thinner, less aggressive and arent as active, but ill withdraw the gold barb statement since im outnumbered

Sorry if you took it an attack but it wasn't. Just a quick Google search and LiveAquaria recommends a 30g for gold barbs; SeriouslyFish suggests a 20l. Of course they can be kept in smaller tanks and live but not necessarily thrive.

Its fine, sorry for overreacting, just got sensitive to it because i kept that suggestion with success. Anyhow, back to primary topic, you could always go with a small school of glowlights. Maybe even rasboras? You have many options with a 10 gallon, plenty of tetra species to choose from

What would be not to high of a maintenance fish/s that isn't a betta because I have had that already I would like to have more than one fish preferably and maybe a little color

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My suggestions:

1. ADF very funny to watch, need to be hand fed or with a turkey baster because their eyesight is quite poor. Like groups but can be kept alone.

2. Multiple female bettas or a single male Betta. I have seen many people keep multiple females with success.

3. Neon tetras. This is debatable but personally I own some and they are not as zippy as some say they are. I would say they are fine in a 10g.

4. Shrimp tank. Self explanatory.

5. Scarlet badis

6. Dwarf puffer- this is a fish for more experienced keepers but they are fine in a 10g.

7. Snails are always fun as little extras.

8. Rasporas

9. Killifish? Don't know much about them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

My suggestions:

5. Scarlet badis

6. Dwarf puffer- this is a fish for more experienced keepers but they are fine in a 10g.

Both of these can be a bit more difficult in terms of feeding; I think op wanted something not too high maintenance.

Both of these can be a bit more difficult in terms of feeding; I think op wanted something not too high maintenance.

Just giving suggestions. I know the Scarlets prefer species tanks. And I labelled DF as experienced for a reason. But they are the easiest of the puffers to keep.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Just giving suggestions. I know the Scarlets prefer species tanks. And I labelled DF as experienced for a reason. But they are the easiest of the puffers to keep.

No problem! Scarlets can be kept with other fish, they just tend to be shy and many people have trouble getting them to eat anything but live foods.

What would be not to high of a maintenance fish/s that isn't a betta because I have had that already I would like to have more than one fish preferably and maybe a little color

Male Endlers are colorful, active, and hardy

A good-sized group of micro rasboras (pygmy, chili, phoenix, etc)

Small group of sparkling gouramis or cherry barbs (peaceful and do well even as a trio)

Pair or trio of killifish depending on type

Maybe more advanced or high maintenance but there are cichlid options as well: Cookie Cutter - 10-gallons

I continue to support rasbora idea, hardy, good looking, fine in a smaller school of 4-6

Male Endlers are colorful, active, and hardy

A good-sized group of micro rasboras (pygmy, chili, phoenix, etc)

Small group of sparkling gouramis or cherry barbs (peaceful and do well even as a trio)

Pair or trio of killifish depending on type

Maybe more advanced or high maintenance but there are cichlid options as well: Cookie Cutter - 10-gallons

No pseudomugils on the list? Why Theresa,why?:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Celestial pearl danios could work: they are colorful, and are supposed to be hardy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No pseudomugils on the list? Why Theresa,why?:p

Oh wow, can't believe they slipped my mind...I blame it on lack of coffee :whistle:
Really nice fish for a 10g though!

And my other favorite: peacock gudegons!

img_3198535_0_f132d5990e848863523edc3a585e4fa7.jpg

Last edited:
I like the sound of Pseudomugil gertrudae or paskai, sparkling gourami, pygmy cories and cherry shrimp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom