ideas needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i have a planted tank with 7 hatchets, 7 glowlights, 1 pecock eel, one feather fin catfish, and 1 micro angel. Soon to have one bn pleco. I always wanted an algel fish pair to breed and watch grow, but my tank didnt have enough room. Thats why i think u should do it

Okay my bad. It will be planted with mainly anubis nana petite and whichever taller plant I decide on. I had in mind two pairs of blue rams. I was thinking of maybe getting 6-7 smaller schooling fish. Ideas? I hope that was more specific. :p

Hahah horn wort grows like a weed. I love it! And ya blue rams are difficult to keep alive, but im sure u alredy know that! And i would suggest any type of tetra if u want them to school! Lemons, neons, cardinals, glowlights, peguin ( r super sick) bleeding heart etc... The list goes on and on

Kuhli's go with most fish. They have a fairly low bioload. Your options are still wide open on choices.

For a 55g tank you can get a couple of tetra schools in. Rams will also work. Don't have any personal experience with them but I'll suggest add them later to the tank when everything has been more settled.

I think you should get some plecos!
They are very fun to watch and clean your tank. Get a few plecos ( bn, rubber lip) and a few schools of tetras with a big center fish such as a gourmi or something

Rams are nice, I keep mine with panda cories and cardinal tetras. With a 55 you have lots of options, I just looked up penguin tetras and they look pretty cool. You could easily do two pairs of rams, and a couple good sized schools of something. I would stick with tetras with rams. I've read on a few sites that tetras are best de to thier tendency to be a little more mellow, danios are hyper and it's said they stress the rams as a result, something to look into (I don't really know anything about them) galaxy rasboras look awesome but I don't know thier temperament.

No not yet they are still small but they paired up and the male is doing the frisky shuffle to the female so I expect they will spawn soon.

xmattlongx said:
Well I don't want the pleco to eat what my Kuhli will.

Dont worry abt that. My feather fin catfish and my pecock eel eak blood worms and they are able to share it just fine. Also the pleco will eat algea of the tank

Back
Top Bottom