Ideas on ten gallon???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a new ten gallon recently and finished leak testing this morning (all good except for a chip, should I be worried? It didn't leak but I put silicone over it just to be safe). But I can't decide what to do with it! Here are some ideas I thought about. Endlers and RCS. Pair of rams and some other small fish like guppies. DG and 4 of some small tetra. All of these would have tons of plants too. I just can't decide. I'm open to any further suggestions. Thanks!

All right, thanks! I don't think I will do cories just because I would like more of them in something like a twenty gallon. They don't really show their full personality in smaller tanks. What if I were to do a pair of rams (IDK what type yet), some endlers, and RCS. Heavily planted with sand. Maybe about 5 endlers? I have heard that about 1 per gallon is good, but with the rams I could cut that in half. Sound good?

Cool! Should I be concerned about that chip at all? Also, the tank doesn't have much silicone at all. Well, it does on the bottom but on the sides there is only a little sliver. My other ten has lots more silicone. Is this normal? I bought the tank used, so...

Hmmm, maybe someone with a little more experience could chime in then. I have honestly never kept rams myself. I'll look it up though.

Im not very experienced with ram but I do believe a ten gallon isn't very suitable for a pair of them

You're right, after doing a bit more research they need a 20 gallon or more. I would then up the endlers to 10. Or, you could do a large school of harlequin rasbora instead of the endlers. In a big school they apparently are VERY fun to watch.

Is there another fish I could have with the endlers? Something to replace the rams. I'll look around and see what I can find, but I am pretty open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Do you think I could do the following?-

5 endlers
5 Celestial pearl danios
Maybe 1 sparkling gourami, or this instead of CPD's
An undecided amount of RCS

I have a ten gallon and If I wasn't using it for betta breeding I would have nano fish like ember tetras, jae barbs, and sparkling gouramis.

Hmmm, I love dwarf gouramis. They would look great with endlers too. I was thinking maybe I could breed (let the fry survive in the plants) the endlers. I know that endlers aren't as eager to eat their fry as other livebearers, but would the DG gobble them up pretty fast? Would a sparkling gourami be better because they stay smaller? Although it wouldn't be as impressive as the DG, I'd be ok with it. Because the Sparkling gourami is small, could I throw in some CPD's too? I think they would look great with the sparkling gourami. Maybe I will try a different color of the neocaridina (spelling) shrimps as well (RCS are getting a little boring). Maybe the yellow or orange. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom